Thread: Yorkshire Buses
View Single Post
Old 13th August 2014, 22:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper2 View Post
Being quite ignorant at times, I have been known to tell "drivers" that I wouldn't trust them to drive tent pegs. There are some real clowns about.
Then on the other hand you get the ones that know just what to do to sabotage a vehicle, some of the things I have seen done were not far short of brilliant. On MCW Metrobuses lots of breakdowns were caused by electrical faults. So the first thing you checked was the multitude of circuit breakers in the panel behind the drivers seat to see if any had popped. One driver managed to get hold of a breaker, he then took it apart and pulled all the workings out.The next time he fancied an extended break at the end of the route he simply pulled out a good breaker and put his doctored one in its place. Of course the engineer pushing in the reset button did not make the slightest bit of difference. The driver would change it back again when no one was looking and the engineer would scratch his head and think he had somehow cured the problem. He was only found out after boasting to a few other drivers about his little trick.