View Single Post
Old 12th December 2011, 19:20

testing cars/customs

Well capt.you were one of the first ,what a exciting job you had.did you use the brenner or the blanc.what cars were they not british leyland i bet.Aachen kept up there resistance to us brits untill the boarders opened,with a carnet-de-passage i bet they were swines.
if you were going east you had a T2L for your fuel ,all sealed up, all-so a load carnet god forbid you got the wrong boarders.i used to imagine what it must have been like for the british army in ITALYdriving butt clenching i bet..i remember seeing removel vans in aosta getting the works done to them when they should have had a clear passage..
i worked for a company whos boss and friend made loads of dosh taking racing tyres as hand lugggage on planes world wide as they would bend up[the tryes] no paper work..1970s. the swiss didnt need any lessons as being **** ---- they were classic. i once went the wrong road to como in the car lane at night from italy ,to transit swiss.world war 3erupted ,my fault i was empty, to load in france yes i knew the 10pm swiss ban but iwanted to first haha. hourslater iwas let through

i also transited swiss weighing 44tons legal from italy to denmark , if you used the train from 10ks outside como to mullhouse.its called the humpack..
driving a powder tanker for vos.