View Single Post
Old 11th October 2008, 23:39

Does the poll result reflect actual experience (and therefore favour the more popular makes) or is it perception (by people who may not have tried other makes)?
I don't pretend that the smaller manufacturers are automatically better (or inferior) to the mainline models. Nor do I deny that a major producer might be less well equipped or developed than its rivals (and I realise that the survey is 'just a bit of scuttlebutt, furphy or bar-room chat').
Only back-to-back appraisals (as, indeed, we used to do with our competitors' models) can produce meaningful results.
IMO it would be interesting to record how many of the voters drive (and have driven) more than one of the subject vehicles on a regular basis.

I cannot contribute, as it is many years since I have driven regularly, and no doubt, recent models bear little resemblance to those with which I was familiar. Nevertheless I wouldn't disagree with the general distribution of the results (with, perhaps, the exception of a couple of 'underperformers') though the sample sizes are very small.