View Single Post
Old 16th October 2009, 12:36

GKV 94 does not appear on the registration database.
Of course it might still exist and be untaxed.

Do pre-1973 buses qualify for zero-rated classic vehicle VED (road-tax)?

http://www.cwk205.com/download/file....250799a18b713f

Also:-
Quote:
Bus 94 would definatly have been the one that you saw at Birdingbury Peter, as an old CCT enthusiast (who later became a good friend of mine) also saw it there and he got chatting to some other friends of mine, who were with it there that day ! It would have been owned by a guy called Eric Bunker at the time when you saw it, but he has since sold it on and it is now owned by a guy who i haven't actually met at all yet, but his name is Roger Burdett. From what i've heard about him, he sounds like a great guy and he owns a number of preserved buses, all of which he has spared no expence in getting them restored properly and to the best possible standard that he can ! Bus 94 is now his current project for restoration and i have every confidence in him making sure that the finished product will be pure perfection !!! He has been given a Portfolio of 94, to help with its restoration and to show how it looked during its time in service, as a few little things on it have been slightly altered over the years and need to be rectified, but this might hopefully be done now ? It did later on, get stored under cover up in Staffordshire, but i think it is now away being worked somewhere up in Derbyshire ?
As for having 94 for your Wedding, i love the idea, but if i personally don't end up getting married, then i might just have it used later on for my Funeral, as the Coffin could be shoved onto the rear platform, with the head part going underneath the staircase !!!LOL. How 94 would get through the gates at the London Road Cemetary, i don't know ???

Last edited by G-CPTN; 16th October 2009 at 12:42.