View Single Post
Old 21st September 2011, 12:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-CPTN View Post
I've just read your replies again (it seems we were crossing).

Don't worry whether your vehicle is a KC or a KD as they were closely related and with coded tyres they overlapped (so you could uprate or downrate according to the size of wheels and tyres).

A KC would have a 4 cylinder 220 cu in diesel engine rather than the 6 cylinder 330 cu in diesel - so you have the better option, believe me - the 220 diesel was exactly 2/3rds of the 330 and so performance suffered accordingly!

The important thing is that you now have the official designation (EJM) even though it now seems to be a TK750 rather than a TK860 - this would be done to permit it to be driven without a HGV licence in the UK.

In a way that's good, because horses aren't as heavy as bricks and if your vehicle was originally a TK860 that has been downrated to a TK750 it just means that you have slightly sturdier components (though as I said there was an overlap of parts).

The downrating might explain why the badges were removed, otherwise when it was presented for testing they would treat it as an HGV rather than a 7.5 tonner.

I hope this helps to clarify what might seem to be confusing information.
Wow thanks for all your time an effort, you have found out loads more than i have been able to on the net! So now i will look for an air servo and brake master cylinder for a TK750 and keep my fingers crossed we can find some