Truck & Bus Forum

Truck & Bus Forum (https://www.truckandbusforum.com/index.php)
-   Drivers Discussion Forum (https://www.truckandbusforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Foden vs ERF. An quick survey. (https://www.truckandbusforum.com/showthread.php?t=4185)

robertdavey6 12th June 2012 20:10

Foden vs ERF. An quick survey.

Yesterday morning (11.06.12), just after I joined the M62 at Bradford, I spotted 2 real Fodens heading east. Not together but, in quick succession. That half reminded me of something posted somewhere on T&BF. Possibly, in reply to Hilifta's "Foden Friday", about how many there were, to be seen, on the road.
So, I started to keep a count of Fodens and ERF's heading in the opposite direction. Then, I decided to torrment you lot with the information. Whether you wanted it or not!:D

I drove from Bradford to Deeside Ind. Est., via Birkenhead. Then, back to the quayside at Killingholme, Immingham. After changing trailers I drove to Warrington, where I parked for the night. Having done around 8/8.5hrs of driving I had seen:-

20 Real ERF's as opposed to
14 MAN cabbed ones.

4 Real Fodens as opposed to
17 Alpha cabbed ones.

Today (12.06.12) I drove from Warrington to (just outside) Hull. Back to the quayside for a trailer change and then, up to Durham Services, on the A1(M). About 7.5hrs of driving. In that time I saw:-

15 Real ERF's and
17 MAN cabbed ones

1 Real Foden (a Showman's one. Just as I arrived here) and
20 Alpha cabbed ones.

In that mix, I saw rigids (4w, 6w, 8w) and artics. I even saw a 6w ERF with a drawbar trailer.

I leave you to form your own conclussions from the deluded ramblings of a truck driver with nothing much better to do. Just bear in mind that, if you sat at the side of the motorway , you might not see the same variety that I did.

I also saw 2 artic. and 1 rigid T-Cab on Monday and the same rigid one (Roadworks vehicle) on Tuesday. On top of that, I saw 2x Stewart International vehicles, the Heron Freight Scania and the Top Gear truck that K9-70 had posted.

hilifta 13th June 2012 02:50

A good day out.
I can just imagine the games you and your Missus must play when you drive along.;);):eek:

But seriously, it is a shame when you look at the rich heritage of British trucks, but then Jaguars now come from India and Rover (Roewe) from China, how BAD is that.
I'd still like to string those bean counters from Paccar and MAN up by the goolies though.

deckboypeggy 17th June 2012 14:42

Hi robert davyif that was your 3 days work how do you all make any money.you cannot be a owner driver.i think it is time i stopped using this site to read your dribble over lorries.thats me finished,over and out.

hilifta 18th June 2012 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by deckboypeggy (Post 12659)
Hi robert davyif that was your 3 days work how do you all make any money.you cannot be a owner driver.i think it is time i stopped using this site to read your dribble over lorries.thats me finished,over and out.

Jeez mate, did the dog bite ya-bum this morning.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything. This site has always been free of this sort of posting and long may it remain so.
We all all "dribble on" at times, including you, it's called being human.

deckboypeggy 22nd June 2012 18:25

Hi Hillifta,
Ido agree we are all human and i do except your point,however it was my point of view.and im sorry if my comment upset you in any way i did not mean offence but i thought i would air my own opinion But surveys of what a driver sawwithin his working day is off no intrest to me.

coastie 23rd June 2012 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by deckboypeggy (Post 12670)
Hi Hillifta,
Ido agree we are all human and i do except your point,however it was my point of view.and im sorry if my comment upset you in any way i did not mean offence but i thought i would air my own opinion But surveys of what a driver sawwithin his working day is off no intrest to me.

Then, may I suggest you don't read the thread?

Mr Scammell 23rd June 2012 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by coastie (Post 12675)
Then, may I suggest you don't read the thread?

If you don't like what you read here I suggest you go elsewhere or refrain from making ignorant comments.:mad:

Fazer9553 23rd June 2012 15:51

Honestly, the coments of RD6 are one of the main reasons I come back every day ...

coastie 23rd June 2012 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Scammell (Post 12676)
If you don't like what you read here I suggest you go elsewhere or refrain from making ignorant comments.:mad:

Quite true, Mr Scammell!

robertdavey6 23rd June 2012 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazer9553 (Post 12677)
Honestly, the coments of RD6 are one of the main reasons I come back every day ...

:o:o:o:o:ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm